Saturday, May 19, 2012

(one of many) Peter Pan Ramblings


Ok, most people won't care about the above link, but I am personally fascinated. I would do just about anything to get a copy of this, since it's obviously already played, and I don't even live in the same country.

Did I ever happen to mention that I am a complete fool for Peter Pan? I am absolutely in love with him. I love to see different adaptations of the story, no matter how far-fetched they may be. It gives more personality to this fairy tale character that so many people love and dream about.

I always say "You can grow old without growing up". Since we're obviously going to age no matter what, I plan on at least keeping my childlike wonder. I'm not saying I plan on shirking all adult responsibilities, but I plan on enjoying life and making just about every day an adventure.

I'd love to live out in the wild, amongst all the animals, away from the busy city life. But since I can't do that, I plan on always going on random adventures outside. Swimming at the creek, jumping off the ropeswing, going on hikes in the woods, going down an old dirt road with the plans of getting lost for an hour or two, driving along the countryside just to see what animals I may see. Climb a tree and watch the clouds, or simply take a nap underneath a nice leafy tree, with nothing with me but a book and something to eat/drink. Simple stuff like that make me very, very happy.

Everywhere I go, I always seem to have a little kid watching me closely. I get a long best with little waddlers and babblers. haha I Have always had a ridiculously strong love for children, and I think that's one of the reasons I love Peter Pan so much. I love to interact with children and see their wonder in the smallest, simplest things. All they want to do is learn and have fun. That's all I ask for in life, really. That, and to inspire people.

I have this dream about my future house. I want it to be a cross between Wonderland and Neverland. It will be greatly Disney inspired, and have bright colors and themes, as well as a sort of Gothic feel hidden in accents all over the house. The walls will be covered in murals, or painted to resemble different parts of the earth. I want it to be a place people want to hang out. I want my home to be a home to others in need. I want all the "Lost Boys" to be able to come and rest from their adventures. I want to be like Peter Pan in the way that I take in children and teach them to have fun and enjoy all the small things.

I am going to adopt. I am going to foster. I want every child that comes into my house to leave excited for life and appreciating the small things. I want every one to come in feeling that they've just arrived where their hearts somehow knew they always belonged.

No comments:

Post a Comment